While travelling to India, you have the opportunity to
enjoy hundreds of activities that might even take you a lifetime. It is wise
to make a list of all those exciting activities that you would like to
indulge in each time you come to spend a holiday in India. India has to
offer a wide range of activities whatever might be your taste or preference.
Pick any theme like wildlife, adventure, culture and heritage or religion,
you will always have many an activity to enjoy in India. Remember, the most
important thing while you are travelling in India is to set yourself free,
interact with local people, experience their culture and be a part of an
amazing cultural diversity that is India. Not only for seasoned adrenaline
junkies, but even newbies, families and kids can also enjoy a variety of
things to do in India. It is always advisable to choose your thing-to-do in
India keeping in mind the season during your trip. You can also get in touch
with our travel counsellors for some useful recommendation and tips. Whether
you are travelling alone or with your family and kids, Holiday in India
arranges safe and guided activities to do to make your holidays maximum fun.
Given below is a list of 25 activities that no traveller in India would ever
like to miss. Have a look.
- Drink chai ( tea ) at the sunrise in the little wooden huts on the
eastern shores of the Ganges in Varanasi....
- Visit the Jodhpur Fort.
- Climb the minaret at the Jama Majid and then head for Kebabs at
- People watch at Madurai.
- Experience a second sleeper three tier journey anywhere in India.
- Try cruising in the Kerala Backwaters.
- Go to Camel Fair in Pushkar.
- Ride on an elephant's bare back - Jaipur has in plenty.
- Live in the boathouses of Srinagar.
- Trek to the Pindari Glacier in Uttaranchal.
- Chew a Banarasi Paan.
- Enjoy the Nariyal pani and golgappas at the Chaupati Beach.
- Check out the Goa Carnival.
- Watch the nights in the Rajasthan Deserts, outside of Khuri.
- Get yourself photographed in one of the traditional costumes of
- If interested in your future, visit the street palm readers of
Indiacan also try the parrot disguised as an astrologer...
- Must see the Nautankis....an important and popular form of folk
entertainment in Indian Villages.
- Design your hands with lovely red hue of mehendi in India...
- Visit to the artistes village - Shilpgram in Udaipur, Chowki Dahani
in Jaipur. Here one can see artists work- pottery, embroidery, painting
or various other art forms.
- Enjoy the kite festival during Makarsankranti in Varanasi in India.
- Walk in the narrow winding streets of the bazaars of India.
- Spend time on Indian roads to encounter sages, yogis and saints.
- Enjoy a day stay in the villages of India in a cluster of
mud-plastered walls shaded by a few trees- set among a stretch of green
or dun coloured fields, with a few people slowly caring or going, ox
carts creaking, cattle lowing and birds singing
- Check out the traditional means of transport in India, like - Bullock
cart, palanquins and horse carriages together with cycle rickshaws.
Driving in horse carriages near the mesmerising Marine Drive in Mumbai
offers a unique experiece.
- Adorn your hair with jasmine garlands ( gajras ) made by the temple
girls in India