extraordinary train for extraordinary People. A train with historic charm
and modern conveniences. A royal train is beckoning you to step aboard for a
week of splendor. It takes you to royal odyssey. Bringing alive the luxuey
of princely travel of the age of the Rajasthan. The Palace on Wheels has
been designed to suit modern needs with central air conditioning, shooting
four-channel music, interconnected telephone system in the train, a separate
pantry and lounge in each coach, comfortable coupes with the privacy.
The 14 coaches of the Palace On Wheels are named after former
Rajput states. Each evokes visions of those royal kingdoms. The
names are romantic, mesmerizing... Kota, Jaipur, Udaipur,
Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Alwar, Sirohi, Kishangarh, Bundi,
Dungarpur, Bharatpur, Jhalawar and Dholpur. It has been rated
one of the ten best luxurious train journeys in the world.
Day 01 Wednesday: Delhi
Day 02 Thursday: Jaipur
- 18:30 Check in and Welcome.
- 19:30 Dinner on board the train
- 22.45 The Palace on Wheels departs for Jaipur.
Breakfast on Board.
Day 03 Friday: Chittaurgarh/Udaipur
- 08:30 Arrival at Jaipur
- 09:15 Leave by coach for sightseeing via Hawa Mahal to Amber
Palace and take a Elephant Ride.
- 12:30 Visit Rajasthali State Govt., handicrafts Emporium
- 13:30 Lunch at Ram Bagh Palace hotel.
- 14:30 Visit the City Palace and Jantar Mantar Astrological
- 17:00 Return to the train for evening Tea and freshing up.
- 18:00 Leave for Nahargarh Fort for Dinner and Cultural
- 21:00 Leave for the Railway Station.
- 21:45 Arrive at the Station.
- 22:10 Departure for Chittaurgarh.
Day 04 Saturday: Sawai Madhopur
- 07:30 Arrival Chittaurgarh. Breakfast on Board.
- 08:00 Leave for sightseeing of Chittaurgarh Fort.
- 09:30 After the visit leave for Udaipur by coach.
- 11:30 Visit Nagda Temple.
- 13:00 Lunch at Lake Palace Hotel.
- 14:00 Visit City Palace and the Crystal Gallery.
- 16:00 Evening Tea at Pratap Samarak (Moti Magri)
- 16:45 Leave to Chittaurgarh by coach.
- 19:30 Chittaurgarh. Dinner on Board.
- 22:00 Departure for Sawai-Madhopur.
Day 05 Sunday: Jaisalmer
- 06:30 Arrival Sawai Madhopur.
- 07:30 Breakfast at Castle Jhoomar Baori.
- 8:00 Visit to the Game Sanctuary.
- 12:00 Return to the train and depart for Jaisalmer (Lunch &
Dinner on Board)
Breakfast on Board.
Day 06 Monday: Jodhpur
- 10:00 Arrival at Jaisalmer.
- 10:15 Leave for sightseeing of the Fort & Havelies.
- 14:00 Return to Gorbandh Palace for Lunch.
- 17:00 Visit to Sam Sand Dunes, Camel ride and evening tea.
- 18:30 Return to the Palace on Wheels for freshing-up.
- 22:15 Leave for dinner at Moomal Tourist Bungalow.
- 22:40 Palace on Wheels departs for Jodhpur.
Breakfast on Board
Day 07 Tuesday: Bharatpur-Agra
- 09:00 Arrival at Jodhpur
- 09:15 Leave by coach for sightseeing of Mehrangarh Fort and
- 11:45 Continue for lunch at Umaid Bhawan Palace.
- 15:40 Arrival at Jodhpur Rly. Station. Evening tea and dinner
Day 08 Wednesday: Delhi
- 07:15 Arrival Bharatpur
- 07:30 Leave to visit the Bird Sanctuary.
- 09:30 Arrival at Saras Hotel for breakfast.
- 10:00 Continue for Fatehpur Sikri by coach, and then onto
- 13:00 Lunch at Mughal Sheraton Hotel.
- 15:00 Leave for the Taj Mahal & Fort.
- 17:00 Free time.
- 18:00 Return to the Palace on Wheels. Dinner on Board.
- 20:00 Departure for Delhi Cantt.
. Breakfast on Board
Tariff & other details
- 07:30 Arrival Delhi Cantt Railway Station.
Half fare for children between 5 and 12 years of age
Tariff is inclusive of cost of travel, full catering (morning
tea, breakfast, lunch, evening tea, and dinner), conducted
sightseeing tours in deluxe coaches, entrance fee for monuments,
palaces cultural entertainment at Jaipur and Jaiselmer and boat
ride to and fro Lake Palace Hotel at Udaipur, Elephant ride at
Jaipur, Camel ride at Jaiselmer and Rikshaw ride at Bharatpur.
Note: Tariff does not include liquor, laundry and other items
of personal nature and video camera charges for entry into Parks